JESSICA LOGEMANN RECORDS GAME-HIGH 16 POINTS AND 7 REBOUNDS
LINKS: Box Score
PHILADELPHIA, PA – The Nyack College women's basketball team suffered a loss on the road to south division foe, Philadelphia University this Saturday afternoon. The Lady Rams resume their No. 1 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) rank in the south while Nyack drops to 6-11 in league play.
Score: Nyack 55 | PhilaU 82
Records: Nyack (7-17, 6-11 CACC) | PhilaU (17-5, 15-0 CACC)
Location: Gallagher Center | Philadelphia, PA
Inside The Game
In 23 minutes of action, Warrior Jessica Logemann (Seminole, FL) snatched down a season-best 7 boards to go along with her game-high 16 points. Classmate Meghan Richards (Nanuet, NY) recorded 12 points and 4 rebounds, Audrey Matteson (Monticello, IN) contributed with 11 points and 7 rebounds to tie team-bests with Logemann, while Natalie Harrison (Washington, DC) chipped in with 7 points, 3 steals, 2 assists, and 2 rebounds.
On the PhilaU side Alex Heck carried her team leading with 15 points from off the bench while classmates Mary Newell and Tori Arnao posted double-doubles. Both Rams split 14 points apiece as Arnao pulled down 12 boards and Newell with 10 rebounds.
After a low scoring first half for the Nyack team, PhilaU continued to extend their lead out-scoring the Lady Warriors 40-34 and eventually went on to take the 82-55 game win.
A Closer Look
- Nyack shot 35.7 percent (20-of-56) from the field, netted 9-of-23 (39.1 percent) from three-point range, and converted 6-of-7 (85.7 percent) from the free throw line.
- PhilaU out rebounded their opponents by a margin of 42-32 while forcing 23 Warrior turnovers.
- The Rams were successful recording 50 points in the paint and held Nyack to no fast break points.
- PhilaU shot 47.2 percent (34-of-72) overall, were held to just scoring 3-of-14 from behind the arch (21.4 percent), and landed 68.8 percent (11-of-16) from behind the charity stripe.
- Nyack's bench scored a total of 35 points.
Nyack will look forward to a week off and return back to action on Saturday February 22th as they prepare to host South Division opponents from Holy Family University on Senior Day. The CACC match-up is slated for a 1PM start. Links for live stats and video broadcast can be found here.
LIKE Nyack College Athletics on facebook
LIKE Nyack College Women's Basketball on facebook
Follow @NyackWarriors on Twitter
Follow @NyackCollegeWBB on Twitter