Nyack, NY - The Nyack College women's basketball team earned their first win of the 2018-19 season on Monday night when they hosted the Cheyney University Wolves in a non-conference match that ended with a final score of 64-59.
Final: Nyack 64, Cheyney 59
Records: NC (1-4), CU (0-5)
Location: Nyack, New York
- the first quarter saw several lead changes and tied scores and ended with the scored tied at 12
- Cheyney held a small lead throughout the majority of the second quarter which finished with the score 26-24 for the Wolves
- Nyack took the lead with the start of the third with a 6-0 run to go up by four
- Cheyney fought their way back and tied the game at 35 with 5:18 to go in the quarter
- the remainder of the quarter saw several lead changes and finished with the score tied at 46
- Nyack used a 9-0 run to pull away with the start of the fourth which ultimately set them up for a 64-59 win over the Wolves
Freshman Elle Nittinger led the Warriors with 16 points as part of five Warriors who posted double digits on the day. Kyla Given (10 Pts., 12 Reb.) and Jocelin Wright (10 Pts., 10 Reb.) both recorded double-doubles.
Nyack will be back on Thursday when they open conference play with a match at home against the Post University Eagles at 5:30pm.