Nyack, NY - The women's basketball team opened the 2018-19 regular conference season with a home match against the Post University Eagles on Thursday night. In a tight game the Warriors fell short by a score of 65-74, despite a six-point half time lead.
Final: Nyack 65, Post 74
Records: NC (1-5), PU (3-3)
Location: Nyack, New York
- Nyack jumped to a quick 12-4 lead early in the first quarter, which set the Warriors up to finish the first period with an advantage of 18-12
- the Warriors fend off the Eagles throughout the second quarter and carried a six-point lead into halftime, 32-26
- Post came out hot in the third quarter and jumped ahead with a 10-0 run, 36-32
- but the Warriors fought back and tied the game at 38
- the game went back and forth for the next few minutes and Post eventually jumped ahead by seven with 1:51 left in the quarter
- Nyack was down by 8 with the start of the fourth and final quarter, but used a 10-2 run to tie the game at 54-54 with 7:29 left in the game
- both teams enjoyed leads throughout the remainder of the quarter, but Post was able to put some separation between them and the Warriors when they went up 64-58 at the 2:50 mark
- Post took the win thanks to a 7 for 8 shooting from the foul line in the closing minutes
Nyack was led by Jocelin Wright with 21 points and 8-14 shooting from the field.
Nyack will be back for another home conference match on Tuesday when they host the Felician University Falcons at 5:30pm at Bowman Gym.